Free Entrance to National Parks (Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park)
Did you know that the national parks offer FREE entry days throughout the year?! Normally, national parks have an entry fee as you drive into each park, or you have the option of buying a yearly pass.
Here is the list from the US National Park service website of free entry dates for 2013:
- January 21 for Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- April 22-26 during National Park Week
- August 25 for the National Park Service Birthday
- September 28 for National Public Lands Day
- November 9-11 during Veterans Day weekend
This includes all national parks throughout the United States, but in particular to my readers, this matters for Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park visitors!
If you notice, a lot of these free days fall during the off-seasons for a lot of national parks, which means less crowds, traffic, and hassle! These “free” days are a great time to visit the national park you’ve been wanting to!!
Warmest Wishes from Big Sky Country,
Montana Vacation Blog