Tips for getting ice cream in Glacier National Park
Ok, am I the only one who loves ice cream?
I mean, really loves it. I seek it out, like it is water on a hot day. I asked more people in Rome, Italy, where they got their Gelato than I asked for directions anywhere else.
Ice cream – it is just so soothing, refreshing, and fun on a summer day. Especially in Montana. A 90 degree Fahrenheit day to me is hot. Too hot to survive without ice cream!! There always seems to be a long line of people waiting for this treat on a hot day in Glacier National Park.
Here are some tips to getting ice cream in Glacier National Park in the middle of the summer :
1. If there’s a line, (which you can pretty much count on), the lines tend to come and go. I would have a seat instead of standing in line, and wait until it clears out.
2. You can always find ice cream in another place. Pretty much everywhere you stop will serve ice cream (and always will have huckleberry flavored ice cream, one of my favorites), so keep driving to the next spot to try to avoid a line.
3. Stand in line. There’s always the option of standing in the line, of course. Depends on how badly you want the ice cream. Before my baby, I would have stood in any line. Now that I have her, I am trying to find the fastest way to get ice cream to get out of the hot sun as fast as possible.
4. St. Mary’s has amazing Rocky Road ice cream. Some of the best I have ever had!!
5. Eddie’s in Apgar has an outdoor window you walk up to, and if that line is too long, head to West Glacier in the restaurant they serve scooped ice cream, or you can head out to Hungry Horse for delicious ice cream and huckleberry shakes.
If you see me standing in line for ice cream in Glacier National Park, PLEASE stop and say hello to me! That goes for anywhere in the world, actually.
Warmest Wishes from Big Sky Country,
Montana Vacation Blog